Team Up to Clean Up Contest
In collaboration with the NYC Department of Sanitation, Citizens Committee is encouraging public schools to participate in the Team Up to Clean Up contest, which rewards schools that conceive, design, and implement effective cleanup and beautification projects, including school gardens.
Prizes: Top winners will receive T-shirts, and other prizes, with the grand prize being up to $5,000. Prizes will be awarded for elementary, middle and high school categories.
Schools are evaluated on:
● Project must improve the school and/or community through cleaning, beautification, and/or gardening.*
● Curriculum Linked Projects that are linked to classroom studies and support learning engagement.
● Large Population of Students Engaged/Community Engagement - Projects should engage all or most of the student body and/or the school community.
● Stakeholder Engagement- evidence of support, organizing of school administration, faculty and staff.
● Volume and quality of content posted on the Zero Waste School website.
Student groups are encouraged to regularly post project pictures on the Zero Waste School website.
* Cleaning, beautification, and gardening projects must have the approval of the school’s principal, and students must have parental or guardian consent.
- Submission Deadline: May 14th
- Announcement of Winners: May 30th – June 1st
- Event date: Week of June 12th
To sign up and create an account for your school, email: email@example.com